Rajasthan location and Expension in reference of india, Asia & World for the Aspirants of Government competitive exams in rajasthan as well as where rajasthan Gk asked. Complete notes of rajasthan location and Expension for RAS, RPSC and other competitive exams in rajasthan. aspirants can read or download the pdf of all notes.
Location Of Rajasthan
- Rajasthan is located in the northern hemisphere relative to the equator.
- Rajasthan is located in the Eastern Hemisphere relative to the Green Beach Line.
- Rajasthan is situated in the northern and eastern hemispheres relative to both the Green Beach and the equator.
Expension of rajasthan
- Rajasthan state in the north-western part of India from 23°3′ to 30°12′ north latitude (extension 7°9′) and It is located between 69°30′ to 78°17 east longitude (extension 8°47).
- Latitudinal interval of Rajasthan – 7°9′
- Longitudinal interval of Rajasthan – 8°47′
Length & Width Of Rajasthan
- Expansion – Length 826 km from north to south. m. And the extension is from Kona village (Ganganagar) in the north to Borkund village (Kushalgarh, Banswara) in the south.
- The width from east to west is 869 km. m. And the extension is from Silana village (Rajakheda, Dholpur) in the east to Katra (Fatehgarh, Sam, Jaisalmer) in the west.
- 43 km in width from east to west and length from north to south of the state. is the difference. The lines joining East to West and North to South intersect each other in Nagaur district.
Tropic of Cancer and Rajasthan
The latitude of 23°30 north is called the Tropic of Cancer. Tropic of Cancer passes through eight states of India –
- Madhya Pradesh
- West Bengal
Tropic of Cancer passes through the middle of Banswara in Rajasthan. Touches Dungarpur district (near Chikhali village). Banswara city is the nearest city from the Tropic of Cancer to the state. Tropic of Cancer in Rajasthan passes through Kushalgarh tehsil of Banswara district. Therefore, the rays of the sun fall most directly in Banswara district. Whereas Sri Ganganagar district is situated at the maximum distance from the Tropic of Cancer, hence the rays of the sun fall most obliquely in Sri Ganganagar district.
Note- The Standard Time Of Rajasthan Is The Same As The Standard Time Of India 82½ East Longitude.
The first sunrise in the state takes place in Silana village of Dholpur district. In Rajasthan, the last sunrise occurs in Katra village of Jaisalmer district and it is here that the sunset is the last.
Shape of Rajasthan State
- The shape of Rajasthan was first described by the scholar T. H. Hendley.
- The highest point of the state is Gurushikhar (1722 m) while the lowest point is Sambhar Lake. Whose area is lower than the sea level.
- The nearest port to the state is Kandla (Gujarat).
- The highest dam of the state is Jakham Dam (81 m height) Pratapgarh.
Cultural Division of Rajasthan
- Mewar – Udaipur, Rajsamad, Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Pratapgarh
- Marwar-Jodhpur, Nagaur, Pali, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Barmer
- Dundad – Part of Jaipur, Dausa, Tonkton and Ajmer
- Hadoti – Kota, Bundi, Banra, Jhalawar
- Shekhawati – Churu, Sikar, Jhunjhunu
- Mewat – Alwar, Bharatpur
- Vagad – Dungarpur, Banswara
- MHA IB Security Assistant / Executive / MTS Recruitment 2022
- SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022 Total Post 24369
- Rajasthan Lok Seva Aayog RPSC GK Notes
- Speedy Science Book One Liner PDF 2022
- Best Books For Delhi Police Driver Recruitment 2022
- Climate Of Rajasthan- Geaography of Rjasthan GK Notes PDF English
- Gurjar Pratihar Dynasty Vansh- Rajasthan History Notes PDF
- Ancient Civilizations of Rajasthan -History
- Source to know Rajasthan History, Shilalekh, Abhilekh